Welcome to another quick Lush first impression! As I said in my last beauty post (Lush Montalbano Shampoo Bar), I received two sample size pots of this fresh face mask to try on my last visit to the shop.
The lovely employee talking me through the masks told me it is ideal for dry patches on the skin as it both moisturises and exfoliates, and claimed to use it himself – as with all Lush employees his skin was glowing, so I decided to give it a try.
Lush, £7.25 for 75g
- To me this mask smells like cinnamon porridge ~yum~, however after searching the ingredients list I found out there was no cinnamon in it (but whatever I am smelling, is divine).
- A little of this product goes a long way. Granted I have quite a small face, but just half of the sample pot covered my skin in a thick layer.
- After removing this product with warm water (the instructions say to leave it for 10-15 minutes), my skin felt incredibly smooth with no dry patches, and it wasn’t sticky like after using a moisturiser.
- Probably the best part of this mask is that it left my face smelling gorgeous (with a scent that may or may not be cinnamon) for a good few hours after removal.
- This one is really petty, but I love to display my Lush products in my room. However you have to store the face mask in the fridge as the ingredients are all fresh, which made me a little sad.
- I found Oatifix a little hard to apply, as it was quite clumpy. I’m not sure whether I didn’t leave it out the fridge for long enough (I left it about 20 minutes), so this really needs further testing before I make a judgement on it.
- This last point is the one thing that would prevent me from purchasing this product. The shelf life of all Lush face masks is a month in the fridge, and I just could not use up all the product in that time. I like to use face masks once a week, and as I said earlier I only needed the smallest amount, so it’s not plausible for me to use it all up.
Overall Rating – 3.75* /5
If Lush could make smaller tubs of Oatifix and their other face masks, this rating would be higher and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy.
Follow me on Instagram – @originallylexy