For today’s first impressions, I thought I’d try something different by doing a short pros/cons list, rather than my usual lengthy review. If you prefer this type of post, then please let me know in the comments!
Before I start my first impressions, I just want to say a huge thanks to the lovely staff member at Lush who when I was buying this also gave me two sample size tubs of the Oatifix Face Mask to try!
- This shampoo bar smells divine – it has a pure lemon citrus scent, which is my absolute favourite.
- It lathers up so much! For some reason I was expecting this to be hard to work with, but with just a few swipes over my hair there was more foam than I would get with a regular shampoo.
- After drying my hair, it looked and felt so much thicker, as well as feeling really clean.
- My scalp felt quite dry after using this, but I’m hoping that given time my head will get used to this new product.
- On Lush’s website, it says that the Montalbano bar is meant to make hair shinier, but I didn’t notice any difference from normal – again, I’m wondering if this will change with continued use.
- This product is priced at £6.25, which is quite pricey for shampoo considering I usually only pay a pound. However I recognise that Lush uses all natural ingredients, and it says that one bar should last 80-100 washes (we shall see!).
Overall Rating – 4.25* /5
Follow me on Instagram – @originallylexy